Monday, July 16, 2012

Maya's Surgery

Today we got up bright and early for Maya's surgery. She had to be at Millennium Surgery Center by six to check in, but surgery didn't start until seven or so. Things went smoothly. I am so proud of our girl. She was all smiles and very kind to everybody there. The procedure didn't take very long, we went back in the recovery room right before eight. She was still sleepy when we went in. The first thing she said was, "I am thirsty." The kind nurse got some juice and water for her to drink and then she laid back down. She was ready to go in less than 30 minutes. I am so grateful things went well. The Dr. said he was able to remove the cyst and all the little roots or branches. Hopefully it doesn't come back, it can happen but I am hoping it won't.






3 comments:

Angela said...

Glad it all went well :)

Rob and Tammy said...

She is a brave little girl. Give her hugs and kisses for me!

Gladys said...

I'm glad everything went well. She is such a great little girl, so brave to undergo surgery as such a young age. :(