Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Huntington Lake Trip

Phillip loves the mountains and I love the coast(because there is no bears). We try to go camping as often as we can; it is hard for us to make this kind of trip very often. Phillip works the evening shift and he gets out too late for us to be able to leave Friday and be back by Saturday or Sunday. He asked for Thursday and Friday off since he already had Labor Day off. So we planned on leaving Friday after I got back from school, he used Thursday as a preparation day and got everything ready to go. He was so looking forward to this trip and I was too, I just tried to forget about the bear fact. We had a great time and I was able to fall in love with the mountains, I loved everything about this trip. I was able to forget about everything, and just concentrate on my family. We enjoyed one another, and Maya made us smile a lot. Maya has such and adventurous spirit, but is easily scared by a bee :D She loved the freezing cold water! I was such a chicken that my feet didn't even go near it (touched it with my hands and decided it was way to cold for my taste). Phillip was my Bear Grylls (from Man Vs. Wild),he started a fire with only a magnesium block and a knife. We loved our time at Huntington Lake, it went by too fast :( I hope we go back and make it a family tradition.
Our beautiful spot

Maya and her favorite tree stump
WE LOVED the canoe ride!
Then we took a walk along the edge of the lake
I love how Phillip plays,and shows love and affection to Maya
Starting a fire was as easy as 1,2,3 (at least for Phillip because I would probably freeze in the cold weather with my lack of survival skills).
Maya loves it when we pretend to be monster and scare her (we are funny monsters)

A couple more of the monkey
Hike to Rancheria Falls043046044045047049050058
062063

No comments: