Monday, April 30, 2012

2-0

This week is a big one for me. I have been doing marathon training with my running partner. I am scared for this Saturday because for the first time I will be running 20 miles! I think my legs will fall off. I really wished I could run a marathon in the next few weeks. But there are no marathons on Saturday during the month of June in the  area. My partner is running his race in Utah and I can't afford traveling that far to run a race. So today I told him, "the day of your race, I will wake up and run a marathon here in Bakersfield." Then he replied, "that's no fun, you want to do the real deal. You want to run an official race." So I am a little sad that I have been training so hard and won't be running one until later this year. But 20 this weekend sounds scary and exciting :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

You are amazing!!!! Don't worry about not running your marathon right now. Just think about how ready you'll be when it is time for your marathon. I would personally rather have more time to prepare!