Thursday, August 23, 2012

Just Thinking

I had my first Dr.'s appointment today. She said I am about 8 weeks according to her measurements. In order to be sure, we will do an ultrasound next week on Friday. Yes, we get to see peanut! I have a bunch of lab work to do; glucose test, HIV test for the 3rd time, and like 3 others I don't remember.
 After my appointment and some cleaning around the house I decided I needed a nap. While I was trying to rest on the couch I self induced an anxiety attack. I was thinking way too much.  I started thinking how for the third time I will have to go through the pains of labor. You see, last time I had no meds whatsoever and it HURT. It was fast, but it HURT. And the first time I had some meds but they only made me feel loopy and it still HURT. Sometimes that epidural sounds so tempting. Phillip says he likes to see me in labor because it increases his admiration for me. When he says things like that he makes me feel like a rock star. Ah, back to the pain and discomforts. I was just at peace yesterday, what happened? I blame it on the hormones. 

I don't want this:
But I know I get this after such horrid pain:

Why am I thinking about crazy stuff like labor at this early stage? Don't mind me. I am just a crazy pregnant woman. Good night :)

1 comment:

Gladys said...

Thinking about these kinds of things is completely normal. You can't help but to think "how will it be this time around." We all know that each labor is different and there's nothing wrong with thinking about the future. I also know you will do great, you have a lot of mental and physical strength to go through this another time. Your family is growing! That is such a blessing no matter what time in your life it happens! :)