Monday, October 7, 2013

There is Always a First

After General Conference the girls and I got busy in the kitchen. We made our first pie ever. It looked and tasted yummy.
I must add, the parts Phillip and I were able to hear of General Conference were very uplifting. I felt the spirit. It is such a nice feeling knowing we are teaching our children the ways of the Lord. Maya loves to sign "I am a Child of God." The other day I asked her to help Lincoln out, he was crying and not feeling well due to teething and I was preparing their dinner. She  was quick to help me. She was so sweet. It melted my mommy heart to hear her sing to him "I am a Child of God." He almost instantly stopped crying and listened to his sister's sweet voice. Addison often times mentions that Heavenly Father wants her to be good. I am so grateful to have a living Prophet to guide me. I would be lost without his guidance. This world is crumbling at a fast pace, but there is no doubt in my mind that if my family and I live righteously, and follow His commandments, we will be taken care of. I have no idea how I went from a blueberry pie to this, but there you go. I love my HF and I love my family!


1 comment:

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing. I felt the Spirit while I read your post. What sweet children you are raising. You are wonderful :) I love how the General Conference quotes were caught and so eloquently displayed.