Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sequoia National Park

I am so behind on this.
While my brother and sister were here visiting, we went camping to Sequoia National Park. I had been there before for my first backpacking trip. I was a little scared about the black bears, but some how I managed to control my fears and go. The drive was a complete adventure, the car was overheating and we didn't think the car was going to make it. We were all frustrated and ended up getting upset. I felt really bad because I wanted it to be a great experience for us. We got over it and forgave each other. After that, we had a good time! We went hiking, bike riding, ate delicious food, and we even went to a little concert.
Maya had a great time with daddy. The morning I took this picture Phillip had gotten her dressed. She was going to wear a different outfit, but Phillip wanted her to wear her hat and didn't think that the other outfit matched the hat. I just thought to myself, "we are camping, nobody is going to see her but us." He is so cute!
The mosquitoes loved my brother's blood! He got so many mosquito bites. Even though he was itching everywhere, he had a good time riding my bike all over the place.
Here is a picture of my cute brother:Here is a picture of us by a huge Sequoia tree:

1 comment:

Angela said...

Looks like SO much fun! We are all human unfortunately, and make mistakes. The beauty of it all is forgiveness and being able to get on and move on in spite of. Glad you were able to do that! I love it when Moe would dress our kids, it was endearing to me, and made me feel even more love for him.