Tuesday, March 1, 2011


I am so behind with this blogging business. A few weeks ago I took Maya to the pediatrician because she had been getting sick constantly. I decided to take her and have her checked. Dr. Rafiq thinks Maya has allergies and asthma. I will accept that my daughter has allergies, but asthma?! We live in Bakersfield, the city with the nastiest air in the country. I really want to believe that she doesn't have it. Dr. prescribed a couple of medications and so far I have not been giving it to her. I just feel like she is to little to be taking medications already. She has been fine since I took her to see Dr. Rafiq. We will keep monitoring her.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm sorry Erika! Is it the seasonal/pollen type allergies that he's talking about? Or does she need to be tested for other allergies as well? I used to give Kenya Clariton for kids and that seemed to help a lot. Rarely she needs it anymore because we monitor what she is exposed to, ie cats, and dogs. If she goes to a home that has them, then I give it to her. Good luck on that. It was such a relief for us to find out what was causing so many problems for Kenya and to see her clear up. She didn't have asthma, but it made her eczema REALLY bad. It was nice to get that under control. Good luck in the investigation process. For me getting Kenya on the RIGHT medication was such a relief!

Vistetecomopuedas said...

Very nice pics!, kisses
http://vistetecomopuedas.blogspot.com
Visit it and follow it if you want, thanks!