Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easy Recipe- Taco Soup

Phillip got another blood panel to check his cholesterol levels. Well, it turns out that his LDL (bad) cholesterol is a bit high and his HDL (good) cholesterol is a bit low. I don't cook unhealthy food, but with this going on I will have to be more strict with my cooking. It will also not hurt us as a family because I am trying to lose weight and Maya can also benefit from a healthier diet. I love to cook because I hate to buy fast food. I am not the greatest cook, I'll admit it. But thank goodness Phillip is not picky. He eats everything that is served on his plate. This is one of my favorite recipes because it takes hardly no effort and it is super healthy :P
TACO SOUP
What you will need:
1 lb. of ground turkey, browned (I used 99% fat free and also seasoned it with garlic salt)
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes (you need a small can 14oz, I just used half of mine)
1 can of corn
2 cans of diced roasted green chiles (I got whole chiles by mistake)
1 package of taco seasoning
1 large onion, diced
1 cup of water
1. Brown the turkey.
2. Dice onion
3. Mix all the ingredients in the crock pot. Add water.
4. Cook until heated through.
All done! A guilt free meal :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Check out my friend's blog, simplehealthytasty.com for lots of healthy recipes!! One of our ward members was able to lose some weight & lower her cholesterol by following the healthy eating habits found on the blog. There are even some posts specifically addressing what ingredients to avoid.