Monday, April 18, 2011

What a Day

So today I ran my own Boston Marathon, well at least it felt like it :) 6 miles to me felt like 26.2 miles. But I guess I can't complain, I've only been running for 3 or 4 weeks. I am hoping I can be ready for the half marathon coming up June 4th.
I am so grateful I can run, it frees my soul. It strengthens me not only physically, but mentally as well. It also helps me relax, and get rid of all the stress. Even when I get blisters with every run, to me they are worth it.

Okay, so I am about to embarrass myself all over again.

This evening, the wall by our desk was making noises. It was also vibrating. It kind of sounded like a motorcycle, right outside of our house. I felt the wall and it was really vibrating. I started to freak out because the water heater is on the same wall. So I thought maybe something was wrong with it. I called Phillip to help me figure out what was wrong. He told me to try to shut off the water and electricity and to see if that would make it stop. I followed his instructions and nothing. Nothing happened, the noise and vibrations where still there. I was getting nervous and both girls were being cry babies, it only added to the stress. I decided to call Brother Smith, the handy man of our ward. Immediately he said he would come and check it out. He got here really fast. He went in the garage to check maybe if there was something in there that could be causing the noise, but nothing. It wasn't the heater, it was not the freezer, what could it be? He came inside the house and started touching the wall, still trying to figure out the problem. He started to get freaked out as well. And all of the sudden he finds the evil baby bouncer, leaning against the wall. The evil baby bouncer was making all that noise. I guess I forgot to turn it off. I wanted to run and hide. I felt so stupid! I couldn't help it, but laugh so hard. We both did, he laughed so hard for a few minutes. Then, I made him promise me that nobody else would find out, except for his wife.

I can be the most over reacting human in history at times.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That's funny...sounds like something I would do and that' why I can laugh about it :)