Friday, July 8, 2011

How I love Primary Songs


I was raised Catholic and in my teen years I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I became a MORMON. My first calling was in Young Women, then I was moved to work with the little ones in Primary. Ever since then I have been in the Primary. I have come to the conclusion that my favorite part of it is the music. I love to hear the little children's voices. It always sounds so beautiful to me. Today, I had one song stuck in my head and found myself singing it through out the day as I cleaned and gave Maya a bath. I kept singing, "My life is a gift; my life has a plan. My life has a purpose; in heav'n it began. My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth. And seek for God's light to direct me from birth. I will follow God's plan for me. Holding fast to his word and his love. I will work, and I will pray; I will always walk in his way. Then I will be happy on earth and in my home above." I love this song... it makes me feel so happy to know that I have a purpose in life. I need to be a friend to Phillip, a loving mother to Maya and Addison, a good daughter and sister. I need to help those around me and love them no matter what. I need to be a good individual and follow Jesus Christ. I would be a hypocrite if I told you that every day is good and easy. I make mistakes constantly. I struggle with many things. I have bad habits that need to go. And even though I am not perfect one bit, I always feel God's love. I know that when I am doing God's will I am the happiest, and my relationships with family and loved ones are stronger. I just can't imagine my life without God. He really is the best part of me. And oh how I love the Primary children. They have taught me more than what I have taught them.

This has nothing to do with Primary. But it inspired me nonetheless, ah and Maya loved it.


No comments: