Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Goodbye

I deleted my fitness pal account. I was getting too obsessed with it. Even during our weekend vacation I had to plan every bite I took. It became nonsense to me. I was constantly logging in to add my calories and make sure I didn't go over. I came to the realization that I am healthy, fit and strong. I should be happy where I am at. I will lose the last few pounds still doing the same things, working out hard and eating healthy. I have done it just like this for the past couple years  and I know I will do it, with my mental sanity :) I already live a healthy lifestyle. I don't over eat and I cook healthy meals. So thanks MYFITNESSPAL for the 2 lbs I lost, but I had to say goodbye. I see it has worked for many people. Tracking calories and making sure that you burn more calories than you consume is the way to do it lose weight. It is kind of funny that I look at some foods and see a calorie number right in front of them :P I already kind of  kept calories in my head before myfitnesspal. I did this calorie tracking a while ago for one of my nutrition classes  using a program called, Diet Analysis Plus. But it just takes up to much time, I prefer to spend my time in a different way. Like maybe going for multiple runs, going for walks, doing Insanity or building forts in my living room for my children. Ah and the most important, cuddling with my hubby!


1 comment:

Angela said...

I felt the same way about facebook, so I can relate. Myfitnesspal however, is really helping me. I don't feel like I'm obsessed with it, just using it to help me stay on track. Plus I don't have little kiddos around all the time like you do. I'm pretty strict about not being on the computer once the girls get home from school, except a quick log in of what I've eaten, so that I can spend quality time with them. It's all about priorities and it seems like you've got yours straight! :)