Monday, April 1, 2013

Dyeing Eggs and Pouring Rain

Yesterday while I prepared dinner, the girls and Phillip dyed some eggs.

 Addison helped me set the table.

 Here are the girls decorating their eggs with glitter.

 Here is the finish the product. They did a good job :)

 Since it was raining really hard outside, we had our egg hunt in the family room.


 Addison was so excited, she really did a good job! She was fast.

 Maya did a really good job too.



 Here they are with all their eggs. We let them have a few of their eggs and then we decided it was enough sugar for the weekend, or maybe for a while. I put all of their candy in a bag and hid it from them, is that mean? I hope not. They understood they have had enough and didn't fight me.

 Maya looks upset here, but she is concentrating while counting her eggs.

 This is Addison's basket, minus a few eggs she had already opened.

Our Easter this year was nice and simple. With Phillip in school is hard to get together with friends. But I enjoyed being with my family, my favorite people. We were able to talk to Maya about the true meaning of Easter and our church program was just beautiful. I was also very blessed during primary. I really wasn't looking forward to going to church because I thought I would only have my secretary there, plus four of my teachers were out of town. I just didn't feel like running around trying to find teachers, but it all worked out. Somebody helped me with singing time, and people stepped in to help with substituting, including my dear hubby. It all was just fine and thank goodness because we also had a lot of visitors attending our classes. Later I found out that my secretary had the same feeling. She said she thought to herself, "what if Erika goes into labor? I am going to be by myself." But thank goodness I didn't :)

No comments: