Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My respect for all single parents out there

I am going to get a little personal here, after all it is my blog/diary. As you know Phillip has been doing clinicals for his MRI program for about 10 weeks, give or take. It has been challenging for both of us. He works non-stop 6 straight days! Sunday he is at church for about 6 hrs. Me...I spend all week long with the kids by myself. Phillip doesn't get a break, I don't get a break either. It has been hard on us, we find ourselves  short of temper. Little and stupid things get to us. I had enough a couple of weeks ago. I needed change! So I decided to continue with my goal to be happy. I had the most pleasant weekend with the love of my life, mushy I know...But it felt great to be by him Saturday night. We had a great time together. I had been missing that. October can't come fast enough. We have a couple weeks off to spend with family.

Phillip begins his second clinical rotation at USC. He is excited. He is half way done with his clinical hours. Today when he called me he told me about an experience he had. He said today his director at Mercy requested him to take the x-rays of his wife. There were more techs there, but he wanted Phillip. It was a big complement to him :) I have never seen him in action, but I don't have to see to know that he is good and takes pride in his work. Mh... I am way out of topic here. I guess this is an all over the place kind of post.

Here it is, my happy face and also one of my favorite shirts buttons up again! No, I don't lose weight easy. I work my rear off,  double days and strict eating. I guess I was a little bothered by a comment today made by a lady, "you lose weight easy." I deserve a little credit.

I apologize for the randomness of this post. Good night!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Wish I could learn to be happy despite stresses and disappointments. I admire that in you :)

Kristi said...

Way to go Phillip! You are awesome!!!

Angela said...

Erika I completely understand what you are going through. It's hard feeling like you are a single parent.I'm sure you are doing a marvelous job.

Also I can understand why the comment about you losing weight easily would be upsetting. I think she probably only meant it as a compliment? However, if she knew what was entailed in your regime for losing weight, so would in no way call it easy :) I think it's amazing your determination and ability to succeed in spite of what you face :) Three cheers for you!