Sunday, May 22, 2011

a runner or not?


Yesterday Phillip and I ran together for like the second time. I think our first run together was only like a 3 or 4 mile run. Yesterday, we ran 12 miles! I had done 10 miles earlier in the week, then I did 4 miles on Thursday and I thought it would be a piece of cake to do another long run (12 miles).I was WRONG. I was feeling tough at the begging, but my legs were tired. I MEAN REALLY TIRED! I wanted to stop like at mile 4 but I toughened up and just did the whole distance. So this week I am happy to know I ran 26 miles :) And I am ready for this half marathon. Except my legs are really tired as of right now.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Out of curiosity, what is your definition of a runner? Mine is if you get out and run, no matter how long or fast it is, it you RAN it, then you're a runner. Walking is walking, running is running. My coach in high school really drilled into my head this phrase, "You can run as slow as you can walk." In my book, as long as you're running, you are a runner. Some people say, I ran a half marathon, but then say, I walked a lot of it. That to me doesn't count as running the race. However long or short it is, as long as you run the whole thing, and however fast or slow, you are a runner.

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

I agree with you when you say, "Some people say, I ran a half marathon, but then say, I walked a lot of it. That to me doesn't count as running the race." Walking is never an option for me because I know that if I walk, I will be disappointed in myself. To me a runner is someone who gets out there and runs on a regular basis, no matter the distance, no matter the speed. Also, a runner is someone who looks forward to running and enjoys it, someone who doesn't only run to exercise but because they like it.