Monday, December 5, 2011

Changes

I know I have mentioned earlier that there were some changes taking place in our lives. I am ready to share these changes with you. A couple of weeks ago Phillip and I were asked to meet with the Bishop of our church. I really didn't know why they needed to see us. But I didn't think much of it. We went to meet with the Bishop and to my surprise he asked me if I would accept a new calling. He told me they had been working on these changes for about six months and that they knew I was to be serving the children as the primary president. I was in shock. I was nervous. I felt unqualified. How could I possibly do this? But I could never say no to the Lord. I replied with a yes and a few tears. The Lord was trusting me with his precious children. This to me is a huge responsibility.
I was sustained and set apart yesterday. I felt a little funny. When they called my name to stand during Sacrament meeting, I felt like a little kid. I bore my testimony and told the congregation that it was okay if they were nervous for their kids, because I was nervous too. They laughed. I promised them and the Lord to stay close and keep myself worthy of the Spirit so I may be guided in every step I take. I love the children and I am happy to be given this opportunity to serve them. I know I will grow spiritually. I know my family and I will be blessed if I serve the Lord to the best of my abilities. My first Sunday as a president went well, we have really good children. Sometimes a handful of them can be wild but for the most part they are good.

This other change was hard. It was a hard decision. I was sad with this decision, but I know this is how it needs to be. I prayed a lot about this. I received my answer and I need to follow through. I am taking a break from school. I need to be a good mother and a good wife. My children need me. Phillip will be going back to school to get his MRI license. I will return to school later. This was a hard decision because for the first time I was able to get into one of the Chemistry classes I need. I know I will not regret this. I will be able to do more with the kiddos. I am excited for dance lessons, sports, maybe music lessons for me. This will be a good change.   

2 comments:

Angela said...

Thank-you for sharing, I thought maybe you were pregnant! :) What a wonderful opportunity for you to serve as primary president. I can understand your feelings of inadequacy with the calling--I have felt those too with my callings. I know you will do a great job! Good for Phillip to find ways to better provide for your family. It is his responsibility as the husband and father, and good for you in supporting him with this decision. Sometimes it will be hard for you, 24-7 motherhood is no walk in the park, BUT you will not look back on it years later and regret it. These are some precious times and your girls need you, they are changing and developing so quickly. I've decided I'm not very good about calling you, sorry. Sometime soon I hope to call you and we can talk, it's a lot different than just looking at your blog. I hope you have a great day!

Lola said...

great post!!!!

xoxo