Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Source: peak313.com via Erika on Pinterest

I often compare myself to others and it causes a lot of heartache. I feel like I am not doing enough, I feel like I am failing. Today, during church a sister spoke about comparing ourselves to others and later today I found the above picture. I have a long ways to walk and learn. But I know in my heart that my Father in Heaven is pleased with my progress and with what I am giving to my family. He loves me now. He loves me just the way I am at this very moment. I hope someday to be able to learn to not let comparison steal my joy. For I know that this job I hold is the best one out there. I know it!

Happy Mother's Day to all those women that have contributed to my growth. Thank you Martie for being like a second mother to me. You have taught me so much and have believed in me. You are a great example to me and I truly love you with all my heart. I thank Heavenly Father for placing you in my life. You are the best mother-in-law! Love you and see you in a few days :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Erika that last video gave me the chills! I LOVED it. It reminded me how much my mom sacrificed in order to help me achieve, especially in my running. Every night before a race, she would massage my feet, I could always hear her over everyone else cheering me on when I ran...she was and still is a HUGE support in my life :) You are amazing, I know Heavenly Father is VERY proud of you as a woman.