Thursday, May 17, 2012

Running ispiration


I am so thankful to have found something I enjoy doing. Something that never gets old. Something that makes me stronger and happier. Today, I am grateful for that first 2 mile run I did a couple years ago. It was the beginning of something wonderful for me. You might get sick of hearing me mention running over and over again here in my blog. But it is a part of me. And I just can't live without it, so it will be a part of this blog for many, many more years to come.
I love running because as long as I can remember there has never been a day when I have regretted a run. Even when I have fallen and twisted my ankle and decided that it was okay to finish my run (not very smart). Or when I have fallen and felt like I was flying like Superman in the middle of a super busy intersection (that was fun). Or when I peed my shorts after a run because my battler was screwed up by childbearing. Oh, how I enjoy running. This weekend I will be in Disneyland, so that means no long run for me. But that is okay because I will be in the place where all dreams come true. Wish us luck! I hope our children aren't scared and end up hating the experience.    
"[Running] is what gets inside you. It's what lights you up, you can't deny that. It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great."
-Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own
Source: herblog.com via Erika on Pinterest
Source: google.com via Erika on Pinterest

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Lol! I totally laughed out loud at the "If it hurts run faster" pic! It states perfectly how I feel sometimes, well a lot of the time! I also enjoyed reading the 15 reasons to run. Thanks for sharing!