Wednesday, May 29, 2013

2 New Goals

As all of you know I have started working out, and it became my goal to lose the 15 lbs I need to and be in better shape (I have started Insanity, but that will be another post). But this is not one of the goals I am talking about, I have set 2 new goals.

 A really sweet girl inspired me to be happier. We get together for play dates with our kids and I have not known her for a long time, but her happiness shines like the sun and I love that about her. She is always so positive. So I decided to set a goal for myself to be happier. We have been doing a lot of fun things because when I see my kids enjoying themselves it makes me happy. Yesterday, I spent a good portion of the day cleaning my house and doing  a hundred piles of laundry. Today, since I had worked so hard yesterday, we went and played. Our play date group had a tour at DEWARS set up for this morning. It was so much fun! It was $4.25 per person and each person got a scoop of ice cream and a fresh out of the machine chew, plus a $1.00 coupon to use on our next visit.

After the tour we stopped at Mercy to give Phillip my scoop of ice cream and some chews we bought for him :) The girls were so excited to see him.

Here are pictures I took:













Goal #2 is to stop yelling. I do not want to yell anymore. I am stopping today! If you notice on my sidebar there is a button for The Orange Rhino and Hands Free Mama. You can check those two blogs out, they are really good and inspiring. I want to be a good mom, and I know I need to stop yelling at my kids. They are kids and they make mistakes, just like me. I want them to be able to come to me when they make a mistake and know that I am there for them.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Those are worthy and awesome goals! Do me a favor though, realize you're human and don't be too hard on yourself when you have a bad day. We all do and we all make mistakes. I already think you are an amazing person and mom there's nothing wrong with seeking to be better unless it becomes all consuming and defeating, not that I'm saying it's that way for you. I guess I'm mostly talking to myself. I've had those goals for awhile and well...I'm human, but I've done the best I can with the hand of life that I've been dealt and I realize that the Atonement will fill in the gaps where I am lacking...isn't that wonderful how Jesus Christ can make up the difference? You are incredible Erika, even on your bad days, never forget or lose sight of that! I think it's also so neat how you understand the concept of faith without works is dead. Go achieve those goals!