Friday, May 24, 2013

Gimme Some Sugar and the Park

There is a group of moms from my church that try to get together once a week for play dates. This week in honor of National Cupcake Day (May 22nd) we went to a local bakery. I was a little hesitant because by now you should know my love for Sweet Surrender. One of the ladies from our group had told me that Gimme Some Sugar  was divine, so we all went. The girls each got a little cupcake and they shared with me. Maya got a pink lemonade that was to die for. The presentation was also very cute, I didn't even want to bite it. Addison got a vanilla bean cupcake. Just imagine the girliest (not a word, spelling?)  cupcake. It had colorful sugar crystals on top of the icing and a little flower right on the center. After picking up our cupcakes we drove the park. We were so close to Phillip's  work (2 blocks away). I was tempted to go visit. I called him, but he was in the OR. We didn't get to see him :(

 I have been horrible about taking my camera everywhere we go. But we have just been having too much fun, I forget to pack it. I decided that I wanted to be a happier mom and there is no better way to be happy than by having fun.

I was checking out Gimme Some Sugar's FB page and just look at this cakes. Aren't they awesome?! Now I have two favorite bakeries in town!!!





No comments: