Thursday, October 2, 2008

What a Lovely Week!

I'll begin with Sunday. Phillip and I were asked to speak at church on Sunday, Phillip's topic was on sacrifice and mine was on testimony. To be honest, I was really scared and I was very close to faking sick :P I prayed a lot and Heavenly Father blessed me with courage to give my first talk in English. It was hard for me because there were so many people, nothing like the little Spanish branch. But, I think I did well. Phillip as always did really good, I was really proud of him. I love his spirit! We also received new callings, we are going to be working together with the 11 year old kids in Primary. We are really exited!
Then, on Wednesday our insurance finally kicked in. We were able to see our new doctor, he was really nice and very helpful.
I have started to do visiting teaching and I am really enjoying it. I really never did it before, there was always something going on. But now I believe that this is something the Heavenly Father really wants me to do, so I know that I have to make it a priority and make the time to go see my sisters.
I was also assigned to call the Spanish speaking voters and inform then about Proposition 8. I called about 45 people today. I didn't have much success but hopefully tomorrow it will be a better day.
We are really exited and grateful for the positive changes in our lives. Living on our own has been a true learning experience.

1 comment:

Angela said...

It's so good to hear all is going well! I'm sure you did great speaking in church, good for you! I'm glad your insurance has kicked in, what a relief. Primary is so fun! You and Phillip will love it!