Monday, June 14, 2010

Mexico Trip

We left Bakersfield June the 5th and drove to LAX Airport. Our flight was supposed to be at 12 midnight but didn't leave until 12:30. Maya did wonderful, she was content most of the time and she slept for a little while during the flight. We got to Guadalajara at 5:30 and Wes, Carlos (my brother) and Vicente ( my cousin) were already there waiting for us. During the drive to Ahualulco, my hometown I was very excited and couldn't wait to get there. Maya loved riding in the car without having to sit in her car seat, I must admit that made me nervous.
Once we got in town we stopped downtown and bought some churros, then headed to my mom's parents' house. I was very happy to see them!
Then after we ate we visited my dad's parents. Maya had a good time playing with her cousins.
We went to La Plaza and had tacos for dinner.
ref="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEggVSOQzsnHRemaCXjI-b1qzWlwGZuQjC7Yr_HOzAMW_AqCppdZzMViu3O9OPb2HAljthWwyuvi-9h-rrmCAaww2QPlTShFltf_5TS0SkUL4kpQFcbRkvsqTr3CiNfFpg0zuYhnOzFmkScP/s1600/040.JPG">
Monday we went to Centro Medico in Guadalajara to visit my cousin who was in a car accident. Not a very cheerful day but I was happy to be able to see him and tell him we love him. I told him he was going to be okay and that he needed to be strong. It was good to be there supporting his family.
Camila and Maya got along really well. They played and colored together.

We took a little break at the hospital and found a grassy area were Maya played and had a snack.
Once we got back to Ahualulco we went and had some tacos for dinner at my cousin Tavi's place.
We took some tacos to my grandparent and there I saw my oldest cousin Beti and ofcouse I got a picture with her.
Tuesday we had breakfast with Mami Silvi, she made tortillas, eggs and beans.
For lunch we went to La Palapa, this restaurant was delicious! We had Aguachile, ceviche, camarones a la Mazatlan and camarones al coco.
After lunch my brother had to pick up my cousin Julio at the airport so we headed to Tia Lulu's place and waited until they opened the shops downtown. After Maya took a nap we went down town and bought a couple of things and hung out at the Plaza.

Wednesday we went back to GDL and did some shopping, walked around and went to donate blood for my cousin.
We love GDL!


After we did our shopping we went back to Centro Medico where Carlos and two of my cousins donated blood. While they donated blood we had lunch at Pollo Pepe, where Phillip used the ladies restroom. Maya played with her Tia Deisy and she loved her! She had fun and enjoyed some Coca Cola.
Thursday we had breakfast at Tio Felipe's and Tia Maria's house. She made a Picadita for me and Chilaquiles for Phillip. After breakfast we went to see their cows and horse. Maya, Deisy and I rode the 4 wheeler out to the field. Maya loved the animals!

To be continued...


1 comment:

Angela said...

How fun! I'm so glad that you were able to go see your family. I think it's important for Maya AND Phillip to know your family, because it's what makes you, YOU! Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait to see more.