Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Best Early Birthday Gift!

 Yesterday was magical for me! I woke up to beautiful flowers and a little card made by Phillip. Card number 1 said that I was to receive 5 surprises that had to do with my senses, Card number 1 was smell, it said to smell the pretty flowers. Then I went to drop off my sister at the bus station and when I came back there was card number 2. This card's surprise was a massage for "touch." It was the best 30 minute massage ever. After the massage I went straight to the kitchen because the missionaries from our church were coming over for lunch. We had lunch and then it was time for me to go get my sister from the bus station. When I returned there was card number 3, it came with a letter for "sight." His letter made me cry, it made me feel so special and loved.
I knew there were two more surprises coming up. We went about our day and at around 4:30 he gave number 4. This one was for "taste," he gave me about an hour to get all dolled up. We said good bye to our little ones and told them to be good, tia was going to watch them for us (thanks sis). Off we went to delight our taste senses with delicious sushi. We talked and had a great time. I didn't finish all of my sushi and didn't want it to go to waste, and since we were close to home we went to drop it off.
There was one more surprise, the best one of all. He drove me to Rabobank Arena and then I asked him are we going to see Julieta Venegas? He said no we are going to a night club. We started walking and as we were getting closer I knew he had purchased  tickets for us. His last surprise was "hearing," Julieta's beautiful songs. But the best part was to win the chance to meet her backstage. Phillip won the 10th and final prize to go backstage to meet Julieta before the show. He gave his prize to me, without me even asking. I went backstage, met her and got a picture taken with her. I am hoping they will post them online soon, because they didn't allow us to take one with our personal cameras. After the concert he even had my birthday "cake" with candles and all. Thank you so much HONEY! I still feel like it was a dream.















1 comment:

Angela said...

Go Phillip! How thoughtful and sweet :)