Monday, January 7, 2013

26 weeks

I am growing by the minute. I was horrible during the holidays and ended up gaining more weight than I wanted to. But I promised myself that I will be good for the rest of the pregnancy. I have also continued to run on a regular basis. Last Saturday I went almost 9 miles! I was so excited and felt like I could keep going, but I didn't because I was afraid I would be extremely tired the next day. The baby is super active, he always picks the worst time to kick though, when I am trying to sleep. We still have no name for this child, Phillip and I can not agree on any of the names. I don't know why we are having such a hard time.  I don't remember the process being hard when we picked the girls' names.

This can potentially be my last pregnancy, I am having a hard time with my right leg. I would take a picture of it but I am so embarrassed of it. I have the worst varicose veins! I feel so depressed every time I look at them, they look ugly and they hurt a lot. My doctor said to really think about it if we decided to get pregnant a 4th time. I don't think there will be a 4th time. I really feel like I am done. I am so happy to be carrying our 3rd child, but emotionally and physically I am done. And  I can not imagine how much more my leg would hurt if I was pregnant one more time.

I don't think this post was very positive, but these are my feelings right now. 

2 comments:

Angela said...

It didn't sound too negative Erika, it's good to know you are human :)

Good job on the almost 9 miles!

It's good to know your limits, and if you feel like you are done, than that's good for planning.

We also had a harder time picking out a name for Micah versus the girls as well, go figure. He even came home from the hospital as baby boy Tomlinson! Take your time, you want a name that both of you are happy with or it might haunt you down the road. ;) I'm glad that both Moe and I love the names we've picked out for our kids.

You look good btw. It's hard to know in pregnancy how much weight gain is too much, and if you're even gaining enough, at least it was for me.

Sorry about the really long comment, I guess I had a lot to write!

Erika said...

Thanks Angela, I always enjoy reading your comments.