Thursday, January 31, 2013

Soon I will be a mother of three. I could have never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would be mothering three children. The thought scares me. It gives me some anxiety to think that three children will be under my care. There are days where I question the things I am doing. Am I being a good mother? Am I really savoring each moment with my children? Will they remember me later in life as a fun, loving mother? Do they know of my love for my Savior? Am I a good example to them? At the age of 25 I will be a mother of three. I am a young mother. But even with all my fears, I know my Father in Heaven is walking me step by step. I know I am not alone.

 When I was younger, during my High School years I had no desire to have a family. I envisioned myself as a single lady and a career woman. I never knew of Heavenly Father's plan for me. It hurts to think that for 17 years I was lost. However, I was able to turn my story around. Instead of a desk, pencil skirts and heels (nothing wrong with that, I still wear them on Sunday), I sit with my daughter and teach her  the alphabet and her numbers. I balance the check book, fix meals, make sure laundry is done, take my children for walks and watch them grow. I give them love and they give me love in return.  These are all reasons why I will forever be grateful for missionary work. Missionaries provided me with the tools necessary to change my future and my story. And what a beautiful future this is, 2 beautiful girls, an amazing partner and a growing baby. Nothing like I had pictured it when I was younger, but very beautiful indeed.


1 comment:

Angela said...

What a beautiful post Erika, you helped me feel the Spirit and realize what's truly important :) You are a good mom.