Thursday, January 20, 2011

Maya Visits the Dr. and Mommy Gets an Ultrasound

Yesterday we went to Maya's 2 year check-up. She is doing great!
Head circumference: 19 1/2 in.
Height: 2 ft 11 in.
Weight: 36 lbs.
They asked me a few questions about her progress of learning, such as "does she say more than 50 words?" Heck, I don't know. I didn't know I had to be counting all the words she is learning :) Lets just say, she is a chatter box and she knows LOTS of words. She also says full sentences and ask questions like, where are you?, I want milk (no longer I want milky), I want food, I want outside, I want to go, I want to shower or I wanna showee (one of her favorites) and many more.
I guess I should do a better job at documenting her progress. Now, I feel like a slacker :)
She also got her first dose of the Hepatitis vaccine and I won't have to take her back for another 6 months.
I AM GRATEFUL FOR A HEALTHY DAUGHTER, WHO IS FULL OF ENERGY AND BRINGS HAPPINESS TO MANY PEOPLE.

After Maya's appointment we went grocery shopping and then headed home. We needed to pick- up Phillip, because I was having a ultrasound done. During the ultrasound they confirmed us that she is in breech presentation, feet first. She was being stubborn and didn't let us see her face very well, she kept hiding behind her little hands. No big deal, we will see her really soon.
Now, the next step is to have the version or ECV done. I hope it works and if not I think we will just do C-section :(

2 comments:

Rob and Tammy said...

Little Cooper was breech and they suggested doing the procedure they are going to do on you to help turn him but Brandy elected not to have it done (it is painful) and to have a c-section. Good luck. We will keep you and the new little one in our prayers.

Erika said...

Well, I hope it works for me and if doesn't then I will for sure have C-section. My Dr. suggested having a breech delivery but that just sounds scary and risky. Thanks for the prayers :)