Saturday, January 29, 2011

You really are 18


It is hard to believe my little sister turned 18 years old today! It feels like yesterday when Carlos and I were watching her and playing with her in the back of dad's truck. I don't remember how old she was, but she was really tiny. This is not the greatest of memories, but thought it was good to share. One day we were supposed to be taking care of her while mom did laundry in the back patio. We decided it was funner to watch a parade that was going on just around the corner, than to watch a baby. We left my little sister unattended and took off for a few minutes, when we came back she had fallen and cut open her little cheek. Her little white and blue dress was covered in blood and my heart ached. We called mom and she came running to get her. Mom took her to the local clinic where they gave her a few stitches. This incident left her a scar that is still there to this day (it is very little and hardly noticeable). Now she is 18 and has turned into a beautiful woman! Time goes by so fast.
I love you sister!

No comments: