Monday, January 2, 2012

Maya's improvised cake




As you know, Maya had her b-day celebration on Saturday. But I felt so bad to not have made her a cake.  While she was taking her nap I improvised a cake. All from scratch and with ingredients I already had at home.
She loved it!

After having cake, we watched this:

 While eating some of this:


Ah, and how could I forget?! Caleb came to visit and brought Maya a little present. That was so kind of our friends! Thank you so much. My daughter was in her pajamas all day long thanks to me having a back spasm and not being able to do much today, so the only picture of them together looks like this:

I was able to make her cake later in the evening because I was feeling better. Back pains are the worse. I sure hope I can feel better tomorrow.  I want to head out the door and go running and also I would just like to change a diaper without feeling like I am going to collapse (that was a long sentence).

2 comments:

Angela said...

That's funny because I was just thinking, "I don't remember seeing a cake!" Wow, I'm impressed with your improv, it turned out really cute! I'm sure she loved it. Sorry about the back pain, I hope you feel better today.

Kristi said...

The cake looks great!!!