Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 4- Laguna Hills Memorial Day Half and Kid Races

We all woke up bright and early to head over to the start line for my half. I got there 20 minutes before the start and still had to use the potty. The lines were so long and I really had to go. I waited until my turn and ended up missing the start by a least 3-4 minutes. I was annoyed because then I was stuck with all the walkers and jogging strollers. But then it cleared out and I was able to run without having to find a crack and  pass people. I honestly think they have to start the 5k, 10k and Half at different times. There were just too many people. The course was a tough one and  it was hot and humid, but I knew I had to push through. I gave it my all! Phillip and I want to make this a family tradition. We want to go for the weekend and repeat all the activities we just did every year. The kids races were so fun to watch. Maya did a great job running the 1/2 mile kid race. She never stopped and kept a good pace. Phillip ended up running it with her in jeans and boots. He was so sweaty at the end of the race. We though she was going to run it by herself, but then he found out parents could run it with them. He decided to run it with her to give her more confidence and so we didn't have to worry about her getting lost. Addi enjoyed her 50 yard diaper dash, she was upset about her medal being too small. After Phillip telling her how cool her's was she decided she liked it and was content with it.
I loved running this race and can't wait to do it again. Next is Ragnar in Vegas and maybe Napa Valley again. I have a friend flying all the way from Canada to run Ragnar with me. I can't wait!


















1 comment: