Thursday, May 22, 2014

Finding Balance

I never thought I would find myself typing these words, but lately I have been looking very frumpy and not put together. If you know me, then you must know I love everything girly. I love makeup, clothes and shoes. I am not ashamed to admit it because there is not a single wrong thing with that. I like the way I feel when I look my very best. I am much more confident and I have fun while I get ready. Being a busy mother who likes to put on makeup is not always the best combo. I go for my runs, come home and get lunch ready for Phil, feed the kids, get them dressed and ready, then I sometimes run out of time to take a shower and get myself ready before I have to drop kids off at preschool and run errands. Lately I have had little desire to get  ready. I have been in my workout clothes and no makeup on and I don't like that. I like how I feel when I get ready. So to motivate me to get ready I have set a goal to get ready at least four times a week. So I will try my best to get ready and have more bright lipstick days. This week has been good thus far. It is all about finding balance, I don't have to have full on makeup, but I don't have to look like I have been scared by a ghost either.

And a better look of my freshly trimmed hair.

No comments: