Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I love being a mother

I love being a mother.
I love their little hands rubbing peanut butter all over my clothes. I love it when they call my name for help. I love to take them grocery shopping with me and being asked one hundred questions while at the store. I love to spend my afternoons at the park with my children running after them or just sitting on a blanket watching them place nicely with each other and other children. I love how they ask to read our scriptures every night and expect us to have FHE on Mondays. I love their sweet simple prayers that remind me of the importance of being the best version of myself possible. They watch my every step carefully and they learn from me.
Three weeks ago I decided to have a better attitude and stop moving through the motions. Life is busy with three little ones who depend on me for everything, to feed them, dress them, bathe them, drive them places, and the list goes on and on. I decided that I would do my best to enjoy every moment I have with them.
Ever since my decision to re- focus and change my attitude, things have been going so much better. I am not a perfect mother, nor do I intend to be, but I am improving. There has been more laughter in our home, more hugs and more "I love you's."
There is no other place I would rather be. I love being here in my home caring and nurturing my children. I love having a partner who is a family man and makes us feel like we are his number one priority. I FEEL BEYOND BLESSED TONIGHT!
Life could not be better.

No comments: