Saturday, June 30, 2012

Color Me Rad- Bakersfield

I HAD SO MUCH FUN! It was a race that was not timed at all. I even left my Garmin at home because I didn't want to be staring at it. I had promised my friend, Lisa that I would run it with her. She trained for 2 months and today she ran her 1st 5K. Our pace was slow and she told me I could just go ahead of her, but I had promised her that I would stay by her through the race and I did. This was not a competition at all, so I just didn't care how fast or slow we were going. Sometimes you just have to have fun. I really had to use the potty though, so holding it was no fun. I ran at 5 this morning and put in 10.5 miles ( I was supposed to do 12 but I couldn't finish because I had to be at my friend's house by 7:15) and made back home just in time to change and go. I forgot to use the potty :P. Oh well...
Ah, and my dear hubby came to see  me. I love him so much. He is my rock! I hope he feels the same way about me. I try to support him and encourage him in all he does. Just right now, he is putting in his long run (10-12 miles).
Here are some pictures Lisa took with her phone:





And these Phil took when we got home:


No comments: