Friday, June 29, 2012

Some News- Maya's Surgery

I just realized I haven't said anything here about Maya's surgery coming up. She was born with a cyst on the outer left ear and it needs to be removed. It has gotten infected a couple times already and there is always the danger of it spreading to the brain. We don't want to take the risk. The doctor told us that it should be a quick procedure, it will take about 45 minutes. He said that there is a risk though. There is a small possibility that some damage to the nerve can occur. The nerve that controls the movement of the forehead and the eyebrow runs close to some of the strands of the cyst. I am praying things will go well. Can you please say a prayer for my little one? All she says is, "I don't want to close my eyes." I told her everything will be alright. My little girl is brave and she always does great at the Dr.'s. I know this will not be an exception. Oh yes, and the surgery will be July 16th sometime in the morning.

No comments: